7th EDITION PLUS ALL-NEW 2013 SUPPLEMENT
Licensing is an increasingly global business, with the biggest growth opportunities in emerging markets such as Brazil, China, India, the Middle East, and Turkey. But navigating the international waters of this $153.2 billion market is challenging: demographics, politics, retail infrastructure, media penetration, and economics all contribute to determining which territories will work for you.
International Licensing: A Status Report delivers in-depth profiles of licensing activity in 44 countries. You get:
- Retail sales estimates by type of property, product category and geographic source
- Per-capita spending data
- Key retail players by territory
- Analysis of licensing tactics that work best in each market
- How the Internet, mobile technology and social media are changing the licensing business worldwide
The 2013 supplement covers 2012 licensing performance worldwide.
MORE THAN 350 CHARTS, GRAPHS, AND TABLES TO PINPOINT DATA
International Licensing: A Status Report presents over 350 charts, graphs, and tables with exclusive licensing data developed by the editors of The Licensing Letter and available nowhere else. You'll discover shares of entertainment/character, fashion, sports, corporate trademark and art licensing by territory, along with demographic and media penetration figures that will guide your licensing strategy:
- Is direct-to-retail (DTR) the way to go?
- Where are indigenous properties taking off?
- How successful are multi-national retailers in expanding to new territories?
- To what degree does the U.S. dominate the world licensing stage?
- Which property types and product categories are strongest in each market?
UNDERSTANDING WORLDWIDE POTENTIAL
International Licensing takes you backstage with case studies of eight profitable properties, many of which have translated regional success into global profits. From Paris Hilton and Westinghouse, to Doki and FIFA, you get incisive analysis that helps you understand these licensing programs' growth. Learn the characteristics that can lead to development of new worldwide potential.
Whether you own or represent licensed properties, or manufacture licensed merchandise, International Licensing delivers the numbers and insight you need to succeed in new markets and boost the profitability of your existing programs.
Published November 2012 plus June 2013 supplement. 425+ pages, 350+ charts, graphs, & tables.